Appropriate School Dress
It is expected that all students at Corning Union Elementary Schools maintain a neat and orderly appearance. A student's dress and general appearance should not draw undue attention, nor should it detract from or interfere with learning in the classroom or discipline within the school. For elementary students, it is most important that their clothing be comfortable, safe and appropriate for school.
- Shoes: Closed toe and heel shoes such as tennis shoes are required. Musical and roller shoes are not appropriate for school.
- Shirts: Shirts which are longer than the pants pockets must be tucked in.
- Pants: Pants must fit appropriately around the waist. Sagging is not permitted.
- Hats: Hats may be worn outside. They must be worn with the bill in front.
- Hair: Hair shall be clean and neatly groomed. Hairstyles that are extreme or distracting such as Mohawks or unnatural colors are not appropriate for school.
- In general - clothing must fit appropriately, no baggy or over sized clothing.
- Items not appropriate for school:
- Fake Tattoos, dangling earrings, extreme hair styles or long chains, long belts
- Students may not wear clothing with messages related to tobacco, alcohol, drugs, gangs, racial slurs or of a sexual nature
- Clothing that is sheer, see-through. . . such that the undergarments may be seen. . . tube tops, halter tops, spaghetti straps, and or any strapless top/dress that reveals the midriff, breasts, shoulders, or back is prohibited.