When is my child too sick for school?
Here are a few guidelines for when a child is probably too sick to come to school:
- Temperature of more than 100o
- Sore with yellowish discharge or crust
- Undiagnosed rash
- Constant cough or runny nose
- Eyes with drainage or crusted lids
- vomiting or diarrhea
The goal of the school is to provide an education. Please help us keep sick children home and well children in class EVERY DAY.
If you have questions, please do not hesitate to call your child's school site office. The school secretaries or school nurse can assist you.
Helpful hints to keep from spreading germs (note: these are just a small sampling of helpful hints. Use common sense when you are ill or not feeling well)
- Cover your mouth when you cough (cough into your elbow rather than your hand to keep from transferring germs)
- Throw all used Kleenex in the garbage can right away rather than putting them on the table or counter
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water
- Do not share your food, eating utensils or drinking glasses/water bottles